Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Madness Round-up

March has come to an end and with it my goal to read a bazillion novellas written by women. I say a bazillion, because I sort of set myself up for failure. I’d originally meant to read one each day and well, things happened, like things are always going to happen, some every day things, and then some more extreme events, like my 2-year-old breaking her femur. She’s going to be ok, but that (along with other minor things) sort of threw off the whole schedule. So instead I ended up reading as many as I could, which if you check back my posts, came out to 22 titles. Not too bad, I guess, considering my time limitations.

As one of my dear friends pointed out, ‘Hey, that’s one for every weekday.’ Plus one :o)

And it served its’ original purpose, which was to get me back into reading fiction, which I’d sort of consciously (and subconsciously) avoided for quite a few months. And I got to read works by authors I’d never even heard of before, some of whom turned out to be amazing writers that I look forward to revisiting in the future.

Some titles that stand out were: Fire in the Blood, The House on Mango Street, Passing, The Return of the Soldier.

I used quite a few resources to come up with my list to read. Here are a few of them:


And finally here are some of the books that went unread, in case anyone wants a few more ideas of titles to read :o)


books that sadly went unread...some day, little ones, some day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment